- My research in emergency management with IBM Research Australia was featured in this blog post on Data in Disasters: Coding our way to improved disaster resilience by the lab Director Iven Mareels [25 July 2018]. I contributed to the research on hail impacts on crops (you can find the published paper here), and fine-grained modelling of household risk (one of our papers on this work is available here). You can find a summary of some of my work in this space in this article in CoverNote.
IBM Corporate Service Corps with PHIVOLCS
- This youtube video was shot at Mt Pinatubo in the Philippines about my work with the Philippines Institute of Volcanology and Seismology as part of the IBM Corporate Services Corps (you can read more about the project at the IBM CSC here – I was part of the group working with the Geomatics Section).
- You can find a write-up from the Peace Corps (who we partnered with) here and this news article about the signing in of their three members here
- A number of news outlets in the Philippines reported on our work
- IBM to help strengthen PH’s disaster management capabilities, Edd K. Usman, Newsbytes.ph Philippines [2 November 2017]
- IBM talents provide pro bono consulting to Phl disaster management and response agencies, Upgrade [6 November 2017]
- How IBM is Providing Consulting Services to PH Government Units Free of Charge This year, they provided their expertise to Disaster Management and Response Agencies, Nicai de Guzman, Entrepreneur Philippines [8 December 2017]
- Pagasa, Phivolcs benefit from IBM pro bono consultancy? , Rainer Allan Ronda, The Philippine Star (print newspaper) [27 December 2017]
- also published with Science.ph here,